Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Magic of Movies


I felt I hadn't left a post for a while so I thought I should get back to blogging! I have been busy trying out lots of ICT with my class. The Barnyard Buddies blog is going really well. Not a day goes by without the children talking about it. I have had lots of positive feedback from parents too which has been great. I am becoming more skilled with my class blog now. I played around with Windows Movie Maker and put The Barnyard Buddies photos into a simple movie and added it to the blog. I shared it with my class today and they loved it. My students are really keen to learn how to make a movie which is great. In the future the "Star of the Week" will get the opportunity to make the movie with me and choose their own photos, fonts, music etc. I think this will be a great way to scaffold my students so they will learn the skills they need to independently make their own movies. Therefore in relation to my action research, in the future I could use movie making as a tool to share the children's responses to books.

No comments:

Post a Comment