Sunday, April 19, 2009

My experience with action research projects

For the last 3 years I have completed action research projects as part of my professional learning.

2006 - St Joseph's School
Action Research Project Topic: "Questioning Skills"

This research project focused on integrating a range of questioning techniques into my classroom programme. This included using a question cube, question matrix, de Bono's Six Thinking Hats. I was teaching a Year 1/2 class at the time.

2007 - Pine Hill School
Action Research Topics: "Blogging", "Deputy Principal Induction", "Writing"

Three action research projects were completed as part of my annual appraisal. At the time I was teaching a Y0-2 class. My favourite action research in 2007 was my blogging project. This involved learning how to create and maintain my own blog. I developed a classroom blog Maisy's Mag. This involved the students taking a toy monkey home with a journal and digital camera during the weekend. The children returned to school on Monday and shared their adventures, then their journal entry was blogged. This was a great introduction to blogging. The following year I became confident with the process of blogging and created "Read About Ralph". This was a very successful blog. Please feel free to check it out: http://readaboutralph.blogspot.com (Click on Miss B's links on the left hand side of the blog to take you right there)



2008 - Pine Hill School
Action Research Topics: "Podcasting & Wikis", "Writing", "Home-School Partnership"

Last year my favourite action research was based around wikis. I wanted to learn more about how to use a wiki in my classroom. I created a "Magic Maths" wiki to use as part of my numeracy programme. Please feel free to check it out : http://magicmaths.wikispaces.com (Click on Miss B's links on the left hand side of the blog to take you right there)


2009 - George Street Normal
Action Research Topic: ???????????????????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment